Saturday, August 18, 2007

The Hospital

I realized I have been posting stuff about my work without posting anything about the hospital I work in... Unfortunately I do not have any pictures of the hospital as such... That's when this brilliant idea occured to me...




The man who started it all... in 1930
Dr. Duncan


I remember the first thing that struck me about the hospital was that it was all dark and dingy and red...... It is an old building mostly made of bricks.... See for yourself...





The patients' families take up any space that is in the immediate vicinity of the hospital... they cook, eat and sleep there till the patient is well enough to go home...






This the outpatients department... Obs and Gyn is the major bread earner of the hospital... On an average we see about 200 patients a day between two doctors...





Next in line is the Pediatrics department... You are looking at a part of the nursery.. and Rimi handles all the department by herself... The nursery has only a couple of nurses to look after so many sick babies..





I don't see much of this as I work in Obs and G.. but this is the most happening place in the hospital.. other than the labor room of course... Happening in every way... People dying, lives getting saved miraculously.. and doctors getting roughed up... the latter being rare though, thankfully..





And we have an Intensive care unit where all the sick patients end up... may it be internal medicine, surgery or even OBGYN patients..
Oh yeah... and it's air conditioned..





Check out what we've got....





Blood... the red stuff filling your veins... life saver...


Indeed it has saved few lives here as people would rather let the patient die than donate blood.... A big crowd brings a woman after delivery with heavy bleeding.. and they stand together and make a loud noise.. but the moment they hear "donate blood" ... they disperse...
Trust me on this one... it works better than tear gas shells and water cannons...





There now.. you are looking at the future of Duncan.. a multi million rupee project underway.. the new Duncan will be ready by January 2008, hopefully....





And finally.... Jennifer, medical student from Missouri.. from whose album I stole all the pictures.... ;-) TY Jenny..

1 comment:

Jenny said...

It's interesting to see my pics with your comments. Glad to help out. I'm enjoying the blogs, keep them coming...p.s. I stole some of your pics for my album too ;-)