Saturday, August 18, 2007

Duncan Hospital, Raxaul

Its been ages since I decided to make this post but was either too lazy or too busy to do it... So here we go... OK... this is basically about stuff that I come across working in Duncan... as a junior doctor in the Obs and Gyne department.. yeah..how cool is that eh?


Well, let me start with this... I was shown this snake.. thankfully a dead one in casualty within two days of my arrival in Raxaul... Snakebites are pretty common and it is not unusual for the patients to bring the reptile...usually a krait or a cobra... alive.

Okay... this one was just to prove a point... they go to any heights to have a male child... I took this picture probably the first week of my stay here... As you can notice the couple had 6 girls before they had a male child and most male children are born sick or die soon after...





How about this one?. Not a good picture I agree but I think it just reiterates what i said above.... Three girls by C- section in the quest for a boy...



And another.........




And another.....




Visitors....

That's Max and Andrew from Ohio...
.. Boy did they work hard....


Welcome break...


Liquor bottles at a store in Birgunj, Nepal... our weekend getaway....

No comments: